Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Turkey Day

Happy Thanksgiving! I had some friends over for a "dogs & cats" Thanksgiving. You know, when you don't have family near and you'd just spend the day in your jammies and eat takeout... instead, make your own family. This is my 3rd year celebrating with the same people. They're a great bunch of people. Of course, I did wear my traditional Thanksgiving day jammies anyway...they're orange with leaves and turkeys on them. No dressing up here!

I made a ham with fresh squeezed oj and brown sugar and then for the first hour I put the orange rinds on top of the ham. I also made bread/potato filling with bacon on top, sweet potatoes - thin slices dipped in granulated brown sugar and fried in butter - and green been almondine (a great recipe from my dad with mushrooms and almonds). My friends brought this great cranberry salsa type dish, cheesecake, sweet potato pie and these great pepperocini's stuffed with sharp provolone and prosciutto. I'm so stuffed that I'm not eating for 3 days!

Tomorrow I'm running out to get a full sized tree! YEAH! I love decorating for Christmas and last year I was renting a tiny house and had a tiny tree. We'll see how the cats handle it.

I'm almost done with the second skein of Noro and should have an FO soon. YEAH!

I also ripped Branching Out. I kept messing up and having too many or not enough stitches. So I started "Airy Scarf" from LMNK instead. It's being knit out of Alpaca Cloud in tidepool. I love the colors, I hate knitting with dental floss. It is going fast. This one is for my step-mother and I was already planning another for my mom in the same yarn but in peppermint.

I am thankful for:
the family I've made
relationships being restored
a healthy year
growing closer to my Heavenly Father

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home