Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It's a go

psssst... I took a shower all by myself this morning. YEAH!!

Monday is the day. 4 p.m. at the ultra swanky USC medical center. Supposedly, I could be released as early as Tuesday. I like the doc and his staff. Apparently he is one of the top 4 ortho Dr's in the U.S.

There was a lady there who came all the way from Idaho to have him operate. IDAHO!

Got my arm repositioned because some bones were rubbing inside. Got a new cast that allows me to have fingers - and be able to wash said fingers. NO MORE STINKY CAST FINGERS!!!! But...all sore and cranky now. My pinky is numb and doesn't move well. He hopes he can fix it. Physical therapy will start the day after I get released - sadist. Oh and i have swollen sausage fingers :(

First time ever doing worker's comp - so this is interesting. Luckily my raise went through and I'm going off my new salary. All dr's covered and approved.

Teaching mom to drive stick tomorrow - wish me (and my clutch) luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cyndilou :) said...

Oh yes, it is such a joy when you get to the "I can shower!!" stage after an injury. Especially one that wasn't directly your fault - sucks to have your elbow broken by someone who was supposed to fix your arm.

Be sure to walk your mom through all the shifting while the car is off - helps save some wear and tear on the clutch and transmission. Are you able to drive an automatic at all? I was desperately afraid that I wouldn't be able to drive after my back injury, so I know how you feel. Lots of {{{healing vibes}}} for you!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home