Thursday, February 24, 2005

Jumpin' Jehosophat

I'm having a freaky allergy attack (tmi= I know it's allergies and not a cold because my snot is clear)

It started Wednesday morning at 4 a.m. with what I can only describe as a burning ember implanting itself in my nose. The left side was stuffed all day yesterday and around 10 p.m. last night it decided to switch sides. Now I can't breathe out of my right side. I'm just excited I can at least use one nostril.

I was contemplating causes at work yesterday. My favorite: a bug crawled up my nose while I was sleeping and implanted itself in my nasal cavity. Yuck, I know. But I've had that irrational fear since seeing Blue Lagoon and watching the crab crawl out of the guy's mouth in the beginning.

I really think I'm allergic to the rain.

If you've stuck around through all of that:
work =good
boredom = BAD
time for stitching and knitting = good
boredom = BAD

Did I mention it was boring? No customers, no calls (well except for the boss who FINALLY stopped calling every hour) I understand that the business is just starting - but let go a little - you have another job - you hired me to work - let me manage the leads and get the mailings and the phone calls done. You can't do everything - and paying me to sit and stitch is (while quite enjoyable to me) kind of silly.

I haven't gotten much knitting done at work because I've been on this kick with a cross stitch project I started almost a year ago. My second sock is languishing on the needles along with clapotis.

Have I mentioned that my mom loves me? In a few days I will have in my hands a set of Denise needles. She said she would get them for my birthday (which isn't until April) but she ordered them for me on Friday because I need them. No, really, I need them.

Oh, and I got 2 R.A.O.K.'s sent out on Tuesday. One is going to the south and one to the northeast. And one includes yarn. HA!! Oh and Beth- I promise I will get the book out this week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deneen said...

Where are you working now? (I'm sure you mentioned it and I missed it). Clear snot is allergies for sure, but can the the start of the nasties, lotta stuff going around, so be careful!!

I saw you ordered from Knitpicks and I plan to also, nice stuff? Were ya happy?????

Take care and smile cause the suns out today!! (It's freaking snowing here, 8" expected)

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home