Monday, May 09, 2005

Funk-ti-fied

Yeah, I've been funk-ti-fied lately. I felt kind of like a failure, even though it wasn't my fault that my last two employers went bankrupt. I guess I was stressed about having to find a job and learning a new job twice in 6 months. Plus the financial stress of being out of work and then getting screwed on pay kind of put me over the edge stress-wise.

I've gotten into the groove of the new job, and received a raise to boot (still not quite enough- but it's better). I've learned how to do payroll and am trying to convince them to go to a computer based payroll/bookkeeping system. They've been in business for almost 40 years and, while open to change, still kind of like doing things "the way it's always been done". The owner's daughter has a real estate appraisal business so I've been supplementing my income doing collections for her during the slow times (which is pretty much Tuesday through Thursday). I'm hesitant to knit at work because, let's face it, it's an auto body shop... it's DIRTY!

I think I've banished the blues for now. Last weekend was the first time in awhile that I didn't want to just stay in bed and veg. I actually did some knitting and cross stitch and some pleasure shopping. (yeah, it was that bad... I didn't even want to shop). I even feel like blogging again. Anyway, I'm hoping to have an F.O. by the end of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home