Thursday, May 26, 2005

SP5 Questionnaire

WHOOOPS!! A little late with this. I've been answering a question here and there, taking my time... and look what happens. This is my first SP, so I am SUPER excited.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I am not a snob. Sort of. I will use Lion Brand (love watercolors, microspun, cotton ease, etc) but I haven't found a Red Heart that I like using. The snob part comes in with the sock yarn - only good sock yarn must be used.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I don't currently spin, but I will one day! I used to crochet... until I discovered knitting.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Nope... just your everyday pollen allergies.

4. How long have you been knitting?

Only for about 6 months.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes I do! Give me a day or two to update - I'll throw it on my side bar

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Orange, fresh clean scents (if you are familiar with Yankee candles - clean cotton, midsummer night - just using those as scent examples - also oceans candles from Pier1) I'm not into the really flowery scents.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

MMMM yes!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I bead, polymer clay, cross stitch, embroider, paint (watercolor)

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Yes, I can play MP3's. My music taste varies.... top 40, dance, classical, rap, big band - right now I've been on a country kick... but if you could see my CD collection, you would swear I had multiple personalities.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love autumn colors - oranges, reds, yellows. I've been on a white/blue/ocean kick lately (must be the higher temps). There are no colors that I would turn my nose up at.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

2 dogs, 3 kittens, and my mother. They are all housetrained.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

Win the lottery, open a yarn store and roll around naked in fibery stuff.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I've fallen in love with SWTC's bamboo and oasis

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I haven't found anything that I don't like yet. Yes, even fun fur has it's uses

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Trying to find the perfect pattern for Knitpicks shimmer.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

socks - ok, sock, since I only get the first one done.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Clapotis, a neverending second sock, 2 other first socks, a purse of my own design for my mother, and I keep casting on and ripping out different projects (until I find the right one) to use my Knitpicks Shimmer.

18. What do you think about ponchos?

They are great for some people, just not for me. I still have painful flashbacks to the 70's and being a child forced to wear ponchos and courduroy. :)

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

I like circulars for big projects and would love to learn how to do socks on them, but I also love using my straight needles.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I love my Denise's. Plain ole aluminum for my straights.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Yes, if you count that I have 2 socks done (but not a matching pair) I love making socks!! I just can't bring myself to finish the 2nd sock.

22. How did you learn to knit?

A book and a ton of patience. My mom tried, but she learned to knit left handed and I just got completely confused.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

6 months - a Christmas present for my mom.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

Eeyore

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Thanksgiving

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Ocean stuff - seashells, lighthouses

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

My mom gave me a subscription to Creative Knitting.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Anything by Cat Bordhi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home