Monday, July 25, 2005

Awwww shucks!

Thanks for all of the comments on my dying and spinning.

Peggy made a suggestion of slowing down and spreading out the lumps. Maybe I will get some more and try. With some of the bigger pieces I was able to spread them out a little, but it wasn't slowing down... it took coming to a complete stop! :)

I'm still a beginner and I'm using a drop spindle. It's a lot of trial and error. I do know that I will be taking a spinning class and giving a wheel a try. I'm a little afraid of learning to spin on a wheel... only because I know I will like it and will end up spending much more money on a new obsession.

Thanks also to Marti. I do love the color that the fiber turned into. Of course I'd love it even it was puke colored, because I made it! I have some knitpicks dye your own coming so I will be experimenting with colors.

I was supposed to go to Santa Monica tomorrow, but plans have changed. Hopefully sometime this week I'll get a chance.

Angela turned me on to a knitting guild in the area! Oh my GOSH!!! Other knitters in my area. I've heard rumors of the elusive high desert knitter, but I thought it was a legend...right up there with bigfoot and chupacabra. It appears they really do exist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home