Friday, July 22, 2005

Still a little disappointed

First off, thank you to everyone for your kind words about Pokie. She was a sweet little girl.

I've been to my semi-local yarn shop and I'm still feeling "meh" about it. Too much novelty yarn and not enough good stuff. I'm not sure how to explain the yarn... yes, they have a lot of different yarn, but not single yarns.

eg. They have Noro, tons of it, but only 3 colorways in the Kureyon, only a couple of the Cash Iroha, only a couple Silk Garden... you get the idea.

And what's with advertising in your fliers and newsletters that you have certain yarns... and NEVER have them in stock. Only two brands of sock yarn?

I did get a chance to stop at my FAVORITE embroidery store, Queen Anne's Stitches. I haven't been there in almost a year, but the lady still remembered me. I have fallen in love with some fabulous 50/50 Merino/Silk yarn to stitch my flowers with. I'll have to post a progress shot soon. I'm trying to scheme a way to make socks out of it. Of course, they would be $90 socks by the time I bought enough embroidery yarn to make them with, but they'd be luscious!

I got some GREAT stuff for my SP today too. I can't wait to send it. I can't say what it is, but it is great... trust me. I just have to restrain myself from sending it. It will be part of the reveal package. I WAN'T TO SEND IT NOW!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I got some great merino roving in a pale purple to spin and some plain jane merino to try and dye this weekend. I just can't restrain myself around fibers.

In other good news, I've landed a job. I'm going to be waitressing. I'm going to take this time to go back to school and prepare for the move. Unless I find a fabulous job before next spring. For some reason, hiring managers don't like the multitude of jobs... even if it's not. my. fault. THEY FETCHIN WENT UNDER!!!! HELLO!?!?!?

Ok... off my soap box (or off my rocker... you decide)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home