Monday, January 31, 2005

have I mentioned lately that I love yarn? (lots of photos)

Here it is, the winner of what yarn should I do Clapotis with:


Yes, I decided to go with the Bamboo yarn by SW Trading. Thank you everyone for your input, especially Jenanne who suggested the yarn..and they had it in my absolutely favorite color! Yes, I am an orange freak - burnt, pumpkin-y, fall leaf-ish... never ever dayglo! Here's a close up:


Does anyone see anything different in this picture?


If you guessed that there were funny looking sticks poking out.... you'd be right. Yes, I started my very first sock. I started with the color I liked the least so if I messed up, no harm-no foul.

Allena asked what I had in the bottom of my jar of needles, that would be sea shells that I've collected since I moved to California. Some from Venice Beach, some from Santa Monica, some from that beach at the end of Sunset (anyone from L.A. know the name of that place) and some from the Newport Beach area. I had them sitting around and now have a way to show them off.


2 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Nice! I'm dying to try this bamboo yarn ... can't wait to hear! Clapotis is such a fun knit. And you bet you're included in the contest ... I should count you twice if you really went to BnN! Jenifer http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did my Clapotis with that yarn too but in the Parrot colorway. Here's a link to the picture.

http://gumdrop.typepad.com/photos/knitting/dec_20_017.html

Keep in mind that this does not knit up as a softly as it feels in the skein. It actually is almost a bit scratchy but it softens considerably after it's first wash. Can't wait to see yours!

Allison
http://gumdrop.typepad.com/knitting/

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home