Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Thanks!

Thanks for the comments on the funky and monkey pants. I also whipped up a pair of pink/yellow/orange plaid pants. I just have to do the hems and they are fini!

I did absolutely no knitting at work today. It's the end of the month, so I was closing out files and I also did some collections for my second job. You would think that collecting money from banks, mortgage and escrow companies would be easier than the common man... well don't. They are WORSE!!! Condensed version:

me: I have an invoice from July of 2003 that still hasn't been paid

Mr. Big Bank: Big Bank doesn't pay invoices older than 90 days.

me: We've been trying to collect this from you for two years.

Mr. BB: Big Bank doesn't pay invoices older than 90 days.

me: We've sent several invoices.

Mr. BB: I'm sorry, but Big Bank doesn't pay invoices older than 90 days. We've had to implement this policy because smaller companies (implying mine) don't get invoices to us within a reasonable time.

me: The appraisal was done well before closing and I have a registered mail receipt that was sent within your 90-day policy.

Mr. BB: There is nothing that I can do about that. Big Bank does not pay invoices older than 90-days.

me: Do you have a supervisor that I can speak to?

Mr. BB: I can give you the address for the corporate office in New Jersey. However, the policy is...

**** about this time I felt the urge to shove his policy somewhere*****

me: You have explained the policy and I fully understand it. Do you know Mr. X? (one of his loan officers)

Mr. BB: Yes.

me: Then I'm sure you are aware that the invoice in question is for his refinance?

Mr. BB: wha wha wha (just imagine some similar sounds while I'm finishing)

me: I'll be glad to write a letter and bring this to your boss' attention.

Mr. BB: I'll look into it and get back to you.

In other non-knitting news, 3 of my friends are moving. Megs is moving to South Carolina in 6 weeks, Heather is moving to Utah in 2 months and Laurel is moving to Colorado as soon as the house sells. WAHHHHHHH! Megs was the first friend I made when I moved out here 2 years ago, so I'm REALLY bummed out about her moving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home