Saturday, May 28, 2005

Weekend!!!

Yeah! A 3-day weekend. I got all of my shopping/laundry/daily bullshit done yesterday so this weekend is all mine! What a beautiful weekend it is going to be. They say it's going to be in the high 80's, low 90's. I really do love living in the desert. At least this particular one. Yes, it does get hot, but really, it's not humid. Plus, every day around 3 or so,the wind picks up and there is a beautiful breeze.

Last week we got one of those snap set pools (16'x4') and I intend to be in it as much as possible. I'm still trying to figure out how to knit and float at the same time.

I've gotten further on the clap and am at row 10 of the straight rows. I'm debating if I want to do more than the 12 (or is it 13) repeats. Beautiful yarn, beautiful scarf/shawl, but I'm really getting bored with it. I want to break out and actually make an article of clothing. I'm thinking a tank to go with my funky pants (since my monkey pants had a melt down and became monkey shorts). I'll crack out my camera to show off my first attempt at sewing clothing in over 10 years.

I'm still looking for a pattern to use my Knitpicks Shimmer with. Any ideas? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

2 Comments:

Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Ooh, I love the honeymoon tank from Knitty, or the Chickami (I just finished one up). Either are cute and flirty little tanks just ready for summer. As far as the knitpicks Shimmer...hmmm... You could do the Flower Basket Shawl from Interweave, or Branching out from Knitty. Either would look beautiful!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Deneen said...

Stacey-

You might not like to hear this, but you could crochet the Seraphina shawl

http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/donisfuff/croshawl.html

I have been eyeing Shimmer to make this. Two balls should be enough.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home