Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Since you asked...and a finish

Here is a close up of the hibiscus and shells on the chest of drawers. No, I did not draw them myself. However, I did do the layout. The shells were from one book and the hibiscus from another. A little playing with paintshop and viola! I'm not so good at drawing, but I give good layout.


I'm almost embarrassed to show this F.O. Ahhhh...what the heck! Hopefully my mistakes will help someone else. It's supposed to be Absorba from MDK.
I haven't done the finishing on it yet. I believe I bound off too tightlysince it kind of pulls and puckers. You might also notice the 3 or so holes. KNIT LOOSELY. Really. It was hard to pick up the stitches and I missed some.
It was fun and quick and there is nothing wrong with the pattern. I'll see what happens when I wash it and stretch it out a bit. I'm not going to sew in the ends until I do so.

Pattern: Absorba, The Great Bathmat
Found in: Mason Dixon Knitting
Needles: Denise, size 15
Yarn: Peaches and Cream
Colors: Light Blue - 2 strands and White - 1 strand (center)
Light Blue - 1 strand and White - 2 strands (top)
White - 3 strands (left)
Daisy Ombre - 1 strand and White - 2 strands (bottom)
Faded Denim - 1 strand and White - 2 strands (right)
Started: 25 June 06
Finished: 27 June 06

Oh, and I sent a RAOK out this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home