Wednesday, June 07, 2006

WWYK

What would you knit?

I purchased some great malabrigo a few months ago. 2 geranio (dark pink) and 2 polygala (purple). Each is about 216 yards. What would you make with it?

Important facts:

I live in the desert. The Mojave Desert. It's hot about 3/4 of the year. Right now, it is 7 p.m. and 91 degrees.

However, I usually end up putting a sweatshirt on when it hits 65-70. Yes, that is considered cold. Especially when you put it in this perspective: the difference between 120 F and 70 F is 50 degrees. Think of the difference between 50 F and 0F. COLD.

Here's my weird thinking: This yarn is special and deserves a special project and it has been sitting for that "special" project. It will sadly sit on the shelf and get dusty and musty until it is either "not special" anymore or that project comes along.

I do this a lot. I have a lot of sad yarn waiting for that "perfect" pattern. It is wrong. I know.

A friend once said to me (about a $150 bottle of wine) that this wine should not sit and be saved for a special occasion - just opening it was the special occasion.

I want to use my yarn.

So...

What would you knit?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home