Sunday, June 11, 2006

Not just knitting

I finished painting my bookcase yesterday. I used Mary Englebreit patterns for the flowers and put tiny life-sized ladybugs on the shelves.



It's painted about 20 different colors, but I wanted something to really brighten up my room. The shelving I have already is a pale color and my walls are pale wood paneling. Even my bedding is pretty boring.
I know the direction that I want to go with for the decorating. I'm working on a set of drawers that a coworker gave to me.

I made a headboard last weekend with an old bedspread I had. It's blue tone-on-tone and toile looking. I used 2 inch padding, but I think I need to get some 4 inch.


Another F.O. (and a couple of rips)
Pattern: DW Washcloth
Yarn: Peaches and Cream "Sea Mist"
Needles: #7 Straight
Started: 11 June 06 1030
Finished: 11 June 06 1430

Started and ripped a sock and the Moss Grid Handtowel from Mason Dixon. The sock just wasn't working with the yarn I used. Maybe if I go up another needle size. With the hand towel, I ended up with 2 extra stitches somewhere between the 3rd and 6th row. I figured that it would be easier to rip and start over rather than tinking back. It's only a couple of rows.

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Wow - what detailed painting. Very cute.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home