Thursday, June 29, 2006

Stash enhancement?

I was expecting my knitpicks and elann orders, but I came home to 3 packages.

I forgot... I won a contest over at Shanti's blog. I opened up the package to this beautiful bag! I've been using a big bag that I made myself to cart my knitting to work and this one is the perfect size. I've already moved my socks over. The camera really doesn't capture the colors.

What was inside? Some gorgeous, gorgeous, and have I mentioned gorgeous? Hip Knits Aran Silk in the Peace colorway. Its a subtly variegated purple. I love it! Now what project do I make? ACK!!! I've already stacked my books to look through.

My elann stash. Some Linus (linen) to maybe make a handtowel from MDK and some Den-m-nit in each color. I've been wanting to try this yarn for a while. It's supposed to fade like your favorite pair of jeans.

From knitpicks, some Shadow in Grape Jelly for the Mystery Stole Along and some Sock Memories in Pansy. Definitely not the colors I saw online. Knitpicks never does really match. Missing from the picture? The Denise's I ordered when they were 50% off. Yeah, they ran out. Couldn't they have sent an email or something to let me know so I wasn't disappointed?
Finally, a better picture of the kitten stash enhancement. Five, yes five kittens for her first litter. The "owner" who didn't get the cat fixed and then was just going to toss her out on the street suddenly wants one of them. Uhhh... not just no... but fuck no. Have some responsibility with your animals people. I've already made the appointment to get the momma fixed. Oh and yes I'm keeping her. But she needs a better name than Darlene.

There are 3 black and white ones, 1 white and 1 grey and white. I don't know the sexes yet La, it usually takes a week before I can tell the difference. I'll take some better individual pictures this weekend. I can't wait to see if the white one is albino or has normal eyes.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked the package. I had planned on a skinny cabled scarf for myself, but a lacy one would be great for the desert!

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love both, the yarn and the kitten stash! The bag is stunning too!

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - those kittens are adorable! Ayuh - make that woman work to find a kitten if she really wants one. Shelters are usually decent about weeding out the riff-raff.

I LOVE the ROAK I got in the mail today! Oh my goodness. I'll get photos this weekend - but it was such a nice suprise. That alpaca cloud is aptly named - it's SO soft! Thank you thank you thank you and thank you ;)

-- Sara
www.saraskates.typepad.com

11:14 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Kitten stash enhancement! They're so cute. And I echo you on the "fuck no" to the former 'owner'. It's a good thing I don't make the rules or there would be a lot of people on Death Row because of their pets.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home