Sunday, January 23, 2005

Calling all California Knitters!

WHY WON'T BLOGGER POST MY WHOLE POST?!?!?!?!? Hopefully 3rd time is a charm!

First, a big thank you to Kae, Becca and Gina for the help with the circs question.

CA Knitters: I'm going to post pics of some things I want to knit. What I need help with is what yarn to use. I want to wear the 2 tops all year, I know I'll die in wool or alpaca, and I was thinking cotton. But what other options do I have to use so I won't sweat to death? I don't want to get something really pretty (and expensive) that I find out is WAY too heavy to wear out here.

I'm almost done with my shawl and my mom chose lion brand homespun for hers. (I love crocheting afghans with this stuff, warm and cozy!) I'm going to do a simple garter border with yo increases about 5 or six stitches in and do the center in st stitch. I may add another set of yo's and make a 3rd triangle in side.

I had a whole section here about the lovely weather in CA and I'm not going to re type it. Maybe I'm cursed from rubbing it in when I spoke to my father today. Nope, not going to tell you it was 72 and beautiful and I was in shorts all day!

Hope you all had a great weekend!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home