Saturday, January 22, 2005

I forgot to ask...

I've been playing with circs and I think I'm doing something wrong. Do you do something special after you cast on and then join together. I'm just knitting into the first stitch but it leaves a little gap. Is it supposed to do that? Is there a "super-secret joining stitch" that I don't know about?

And this week's Unconscious Mutterings

  1. Material world:: material girl
  2. Satin sheets:: black
  3. Blizzard:: HA HA NOT HERE!! Why do you think I moved to CA?
  4. Real estate:: license
  5. Dress up:: cross dress
  6. Wesley:: Snipes
  7. Robber:: bank
  8. Saliva:: spit
  9. Slave:: driver
  10. Shift:: ctrl alt delete



3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've gotten that little gap too! I have tried making sure that I make the join stitch and the one immediately after that one really tight, sometimes that helps. I read in one of the books (SNB Nation maybe?) to cast on one extra stitch and then at the join knit-2-together -- I've tried that too and it seems ok. More often than not I just ignore it and don't really notice it in the finished project. I have also taken my cast-on tail and threaded it back and forth over the gap to hide it. Good Luck!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

you can also weave your tail in the first and second stitch before joining the round. i've found that it really helps. also, when you weave in the tail (post-project), just pull a bit tighter when you weave it through from left to right. it seems to correct itself.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You! That was really sweet, and unexpected.

The way I solve is the problem is by casting on an extra stitch and then using a k2tog join.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home