Thursday, January 20, 2005

I'm still here

I've been working in the back yard, trying to get some of the brush cleared. We've had wonderful weather here. Moving to SoCal was the best thing I've ever done.

Have you ever tried to find size 6 16" circs with no LYS? Impossible! The smallest I've seen in the stores (Michaels, JoAnn, Walmart) is 20". I started surfing the net for some, but I can't buy until Monday.

I have all of my vintage jewelry sorted into lots and will take the pics today and hopefully post them on ebay tomorrow. I stopped at a local antique shop and sold the owner 3 necklaces for $100. I decided to trade for items in the shop for my mother's birthday (It's Monday) I got a beautiful wall clock made with a vintage sign, some candleholders and some McCall's Country Canning candles. That's in addition to the body pillow, the toaster (she hated mine) and a whole bunch of things to paint on (she's a decorative painter). I also made her some gift certificates... one for the yarn of her choice and me knitting a shawl and one for a lap or wall quilt.. again, she gets to pick the pattern and the fabric.

I have been knitting, the shawl for me is almost done, I finished a hat and started on arm warmers for a friend who requested them, the irish hiking scarf hasn't received any recent attention, but I promised her I would work on her this weekend. Not knitting, but knitting related, I 've been working on a real RAOK to mail out. Now to choose the victims! :)

I will have pics up soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Are you knitting the hand warmers from Last Minute Gifts? I seached EVERYWHERE for 6 - 16" circs (even many LYS) and did not find them. I finally ordered them online. Both Purl (the store that wrote the book) and Halcyon Yarn (http://www.halcyonyarn.com/) carry them. I ordered from Halcyon because Purl didn't have any in, but they said they were getting them.
Good Luck, Suzanne
http://lusciousfibers.typepad.com/

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home