Saturday, February 05, 2005

doing the happy dance

I believe I am now employed!! YEEEEEE HAW!!!! I had the interview today and all they want to do is check my references (which are fabulous) and they will call me Monday afternoon to set up a start date!

Of course I'm going to have to build up my savings again after having ravaged them for the past 6 months, but the first thing on my list ---- a trip down to L.A. to a LYS. Oh yeah, the first whole paycheck.... it's gone already. I have two more months of living expenses saved, so I can splurge with one paycheck... right? Besides, the sale of my camera is ending in 2 hours and it's going really well.

I've been stroking the D.B. Merino that Lori sent and fantasizing about seeing a whole store FULL of yarn. Since my mom moved out here, she hasn't really seen L.A. so it'll be a nice day for her also. I want to start early, hit the French Marketplace (7958 Santa Monica Blvd) in We.Ho. for breakfast (oh yeah, you have to go there if you haven't - the french toast stuffed with marmalade and creamcheese is to DIE for). The toss up will be dinner - Pinks or this wonderful Japanese place in the Bonaventure.

I'll probably be hitting stores in the Chatsworth and Silverlake areas - why such odd places you ask? Well, my first year out here I lived in Silverlake and my job was in Chatsworth. I'm most familiar with those areas.

OOOOOH alright... I'll stop boring you all and go back to knitting and planning. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Congratulations! That's awesome!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

Woohoo!!! Congratulations

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home