Sunday, October 29, 2006

Narcissistic and Rude II

It was bound to happen. Since this temporarily became the "broken arm blog", I have lost subscribers. (What!?! You don't subscribe to your own feed? It is all about me you know.)

That's ok. For those of you who stuck around, I present a genuine, certified F.O.



How you like me now?

Yeah, it's a wash cloth. Yeah, the project sheet said it should take an hour to complete and it took me 2 days. But I MADE FABRIC OUT OF YARN!!!

I borrowed a friend's kid's knifty knitter. After not using it for months, as soon as she saw me with it, she had a royal hissy fit. I struck a deal and walked outta there with the blue and the yellow one. Yes, I steal candy from babies, kick dogs and knock over old ladies that are in my way. You got a problem wit dat?

Why a wash cloth? It's small and completed relatively quickly completed and I could try out loom knitting with cheap cotton. I also finally used the other one I made and I love it!

Thoughts on knifty knitting - I wish the spaces were smaller. You have to use bulky or two strands of worsted. I have yarn I could use, but not enough if I have to double it. When Isela gets back from NY, I'm going to ask her about her looms. She (and her husband) have so many choices, I wouldn't know where to begin. Check out all the great tutorials she's done for loom knitting. Amazing!

In arm news - I can take my first unencumbered shower today. No bags, no tape, no slings - well I still need to rig a sling that I can get wet...but you get the idea. I guess the incision is healed enough that if the tape falls off, my arm won't fall out. I can't wait to see the incision - yeah I'm sick.

I've been doing some of the things the doc said to do and I have a little more movement in my hand. I can't wait for Pt. The pinky and ring are still numb, but they're moving. The freaky deaky - random muscle spasms and the nerve pain (think hot, burning flashes of pain). OY!!

I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my computer when I realized the time changed last night - whoops!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cyndilou :) said...

Congratulations!!! Totally with you on the nerve pain - I start my second round of PT tomorrow to see if we can work out the pinched sciatic nerve. Best of wishes, and happy to see you're able to knit! :D

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! An hour? That's how long it takes some people? It takes me four-ish hours.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home