Saturday, August 13, 2005

Blue Blog's Ankle Socks

ACCCCK!! I'm so lost! I've been knitting, frogging, knitting, frogging, knitting, and throwing the sock across the room for 3 days now.

Here's the pattern. I'm stuck at the short row. I'm trying to follow her instructions, and I'm just not getting anywhere. I keep getting gaping holes at the yarn overs. It usually happens at the end of the purl rows. I'm not sure if I'm not doing enough stitches or yo'ing wrong. Anyone have a good website I can go to?

I'm off on a search....

2 Comments:

Blogger Shar said...

I had exactly the same problem s, I put them down for a while. There is a tutorial in the fall 2004 interweave magazine. Or you can try knittinghelp.com. In the advanced section there is a short row tutorial. Hope this helps.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I have seen that happen with my knitting friends who use the short row heel method. How about just a adapting a heel flap heel?

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home