Sunday, February 26, 2006

Matchmaker, Matchmaker

Make me a match
Find me a scarf
That I can knit.

So... which scarf and yarn did I pick? Dainty Bess in the Alpaca Cloud my SP sent me and Town and Country in Shadow Grape Jelly. I had to take pictures before I frogged the T&C. I took it to work and jacked up the pattern. It figures that I didn't put a life line in because it was an "easy" pattern repeat. HA!

Here's a close up of the Dainty Bess. It's turning out fabulous! I love, love love it!















In a burst of creativity that started around 9 p.m. and kept me up until 4 a.m., I made two bracelets and a necklace. You can't really see the three hole spacer bar I used on the stone bracelet, but it has a really pretty Celtic Design.

Here's a very fuzzy close up of the black beads. I made them a little over a year ago out of Fimo and just didn't know what I was going to do with them until last night.
I also painted last night. Really, I have no idea where it all came from. I just had to make stuff!
My (rather large)living room furniture is sage green and was just dominating the room. I got these beautiful plum drapes for the sliding glass door about a month ago and thought that I needed a big bang to draw it around the room. I'm thinking a black metal something needs to go on the right of the grouping and maybe a picture of an orchid on the right. Right now this is the only thing on that wall. I now know I need a plant for the corner to soften the bang a little.

**editor's note: I really hate when others use lyrics for titles because I usually end up GETTING THE SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD. I figured I would try to spread some of that love!

3 Comments:

Blogger Yasser Rahman said...

stitching, stitching, stitching
in the parching heat,
stitching, stitching, stitching
the hems of the lungis and
cholis
stitching, stitching, stitching
the orange, the silk,
the cotton,
the wool,
in the amazing heat,
to the chanting,
to instruments
you may have never heard before --



These words are hauting me after i read your blog....

10:28 AM  
Blogger Yasser Rahman said...

If you need help with translating certain words on that poem like lungi , choli etc just ask :)

10:44 PM  
Blogger Yasser Rahman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home