Wednesday, July 26, 2006

and the beat goes on

Well, Mr. Hooper is in the lead ! Really, I just keep thinking "get in my belly" and singing "I want my baby back, baby back, baby back". A friend sent me a little cut out of Fat Bastard because I've been so amused.

I was really doing good... until today. A co-worker overheard me talking to my boss and came up to me later to ask what was going on. I went through the whole I don't know thing. He asked me if I had swollen glands anywhere and then proceeded to tell me about his uncle who had non-hodgkins lymphoma and how it was diagnosed because he had a swollen spleen. So I've been freaking all afternoon. I think I've pretty much come down from it, but I hate when people do that!

Thanks for all of the well wishes. I really started this whole contest to have some fun with a scary situation... and put extra good vibes out there just in case. Gotta cover all my bases!

I also needed a little place to vent. My mom has some major depression issues, so I don't want to piss and moan to her and get her all upset if it's just some scar tissue. Believe me... she would also immediately go into BOOM & DOOM mode and I'm not there yet.

Anyway... too.hot.to.knit. I'm gonna complain because it's been over 100 since the beginning of June - but, I'm also going to agree with La - 33% humidity IS NOT HUMID PEOPLE!!! I'm from PA... 105 with 90% is hot and nasty. 115 with 20% = not so bad. At least I'm not all sweaty and drippy and don't feel like I'm inhaling water. I love watching the news and seeing the people from Westlake whining. Oh, and stop whining about the area code overlay... so you have to dial a few digits.. the Philadelphia area did it a while ago...it's not bad...it's not evil...just do it and stop bitching.

/end rant

PHEW!! Anyway... off to have some sweet tea and sit under the misters.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, did I lose? Where is the poll? It is lost, lol. It is too hot to knit anything right now.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home