Friday, November 03, 2006

casa del brazo quebrado

Since there are more inquiring minds out there... this is how we do it (imagine a little old skool club dancing here) ...at casa del brazo quebrado*:

Take your roving. In this case, a beautiful purple merino from my stash.






Split it in half length wise.





Split that in half again.




Keep splitting until it's about this thin. As you are splitting out the last section, pre draft the fiber.



I usually wrap what I'm going to spin around something so it's not all over the place. Mmmmm... cotton candy.


And then I spin.






Go congratulate Isela...she's going to be on Knitty Gritty!


*Babel Fish tells me that this means House of the Broken Arm

2 Comments:

Blogger Cyndilou :) said...

The spinning looks great - yay on being able to do it! :D ...and I agree, sleep is good - just rough when you feel the need for it in the middle of your workday. :)

Keep us posted on your PT progress, too!

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Stacey - I'm sorry you can't knit this month! :( But knitting with Noro is a pleasure any time, so when you're able again, I'm sure you'll have your own little Norovember celebration - even if it's in January. :) Keep me posted, and I'll link to any finished Noro stuff you have, no matter when it is.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home