Saturday, March 12, 2005

Hippity Hop

Yeah! I get to be part of the haremail!! I bought a couple of things for that and some fun RAOKs to send out. I have bloglines, so I read pretty much everyone's blog, I just never know who to pick. I'll scope out some sites tomorrow and figure something out.

*****

I took my mom for her first sushi experience today. It didn't go over so well. She didn't want anything raw... uh HELLO!?!?!?!?

sushi = raw fish

They did have a bunch of rolls and appetizers that didn't have raw fish so she did get to try some things. She wouldn't try the eel (which is cooked) and kept saying she could taste the seaweed wrap thing. (I'm still puzzled about that one) This is the lady that will eat tripe, cow's stomach, pigs feet jelly... and she didn't like sushi.
I think that the baked salmon roll is to DIE for - salmon, cream cheese, avocado all wrapped up, baked and topped with some sort of sweet sauce.

*****

Smoking... yes I am. I got the patch. I'm putting it on tonight before bed so I don't have the urge in the morning. I hope. Made the mistake of letting the ward missionaries know I was finally quitting.... now they stop by every day to see how I'm doing with it. I give them hope.

*****

On the controversial subject of religion.

I converted when I was 21. Became inactive 2 years later. Went wild - hey with 21 years of STRICT Catholic upbringing behind me and the whole messy divorce thing (that isn't even final after almost 10 years)- I went off the deep end- wild child extroidenaire- if you ever heard the whole story, you wouldn't blame me. I was saying f*ck you to my family, any type of organized religion.... o.k. so I was saying it to everything. Tattoos, wild parties, smoking, drinking, some illicit drug use (shhhhh). I think there is a whole year I don't fully remember. I was doing everything I couldn't and shouldn't.

Now here I am. when I moved to CA, I started going to church again. I'm not sure what I believe any more. I mean, I believe in the scriptures. I just don't agree with everything the church says. I don't drink because I just don't - so that's not a problem. Coffee, I can pretty much give or take... every once in a while it just hits the spot. Smoking (ok, this is the nicotine addict talking) I want to quit because I want to be healthier... but I don't see the problem with it. If someone wants to drink alcohol, coffee or smoke... why not? Gays and lesbians - who cares... if you love someone, you love them... what is wrong with that? Yeah, I've seen the scriptures -"it's not right" - blah blah blah **coughbullshitcough**. Ummm love thy neighbor ... it never said love thy neighbor that is just like you and everyone else is evil or sinful.

So the point of all of this is that I don't know if I fit anymore within the church.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If she doesn't like the nori (and I can understand that because I loathe nori) get her to try sashimi next time with just the fish and rice with a little wasabi. If you ever do get her to try something raw, I'd recommend the tuna (not the toro, that'll taste too fishy at first, get the less fatty one) and the snapper.

1:52 AM  
Blogger Deneen said...

Hey girl,

Good luck on quitting smoking--I just bought the Nicorette gum myself. I MUST quit!!

I saw that Haremail, but don't think I have enough time to find stuff-shit, why do I find out about this shit always too late???

5:34 AM  
Blogger Colette said...

I know what you mean about not fitting in church anymore - I was raised Catholic, but it has been many, many years since I thought of myself as one. What I finally realized - for me - was that God (Goddess, the Divine) does not care what relegion you belong to, just how you live your life and how you treat the world around you.

6:40 AM  
Blogger amandazen said...

Hi Stacy-
Came across your blog on the Bunny knitalong, great blog! Oh I so wanted to be a part of Haremail but I saw it a day too late. Good luck quitting smoking.

Amanda

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home