Friday, July 29, 2005

More Dying

This time I used Knitpicks Dye Your Own Merino. I am really having fun with this! I want to get some of the lace weight and the worsted and really have some fun.

First up: Tropical Punch, Orange, and Lemonaid

I'd like to make a felted purse with this one, but I'm a little concerned because it is fingering weight. I was originally going for something to do striped socks with, but it just screamed out PURSE!!! to me. Maybe I'll have to get the heavier yarn and do it with that. Don't you wish knitpicks had a bulky dye your own?

Once I get my wheel, I guess I can have as much fun as I want with different weights.


Next round: Changin' Cherry, Arctic Green Apple, and Berry Blast

The darn palm doesn't take great pictures, but I criss crossed the colors and it came out a really cool ocean-y green blue. The arctic green apply was a milky green color and tinted the yarn an almost pastel chalk green. I can't wait to see what it knits up like.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colors! :)

knit picks used to have a worsted dye your own... wonder if they still carry it? if not, LB fisherman's wool works for a bulkier yarn... though it's not soft like the dye your own is. :)

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no matter how it knits up i think that it is going to be beautiful!

2:31 PM  
Blogger JD said...

Those are so groovy. The ocean colored one looks alot like some fisherman's wool I dyed at the beginning of the year and made a felted bag out of. Greens are always fun to play with. I am going to order some yarn to dye when I get back from Colorado.

5:01 PM  
Blogger StarKnits said...

oh they have a worsted weight that you can dye...or is that what you're using?
it's beautiful BTW!

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home