Sunday, August 28, 2005

I've been tagged!

Noey's Mommy (the best SP ever!) tagged me with this meme:

10 years ago - I had just left my husband and was moving to Corpus Christi, TX (from PA)for a fresh start. It was wonderful! Independance... freedom... a new town. Most of my family stopped talking to me because I did. I learned how to weld and was doing refinery construction

5 years ago - I was working as a paralegal with Legal Services. I loved my job and felt like I was really making a difference in the world. This was my first real office job. No more hard physical labor or late nights bartending and no more school/work/killing myself. YEAH! Re-united with brother and paternal grandmother after about a 5 year hiatus. Maternel grandparents still disowned me.

1 year ago - Moved into a new place, landlord sold house, moved into another place, got a great promotion and then the company I worked for went bankrupt, was the most homesick I'd ever been and conviced my mom to move out to CA with me.

Yesterday - Slept most of the day... it was 110... yo. I went to my church's picnic and had a great time. Luckily it didn't start until 6:30 cause I would have been a puddle o'sweat. I had the best ever bbq chicken. (I'll post the recipe as soon as I get it)

Today - Lazing around until 12 when I'll get ready for church. I really hate it meets at 1 p.m. this year. I'm going to get the recipe for the best ever bbq chicken and make some! I hope I finish the project in my contest so I can post a pic when I announce the winner. Find my car insurance card.

Tomorrow - Go to work! hehehe I love saying that.

5 snacks - Kettle cooked chips, pickles, olives, cheese, french bread with oil and vinegar

5 songs I know all the words to - I Like Boys - missing persons, Candy Shop - 50 cent; Earl - Dixie Chicks; Has Anyone Ever Written Anything for you - Stevie Nicks; All American Girl -Melissa Ethridge

5 things I would do with a million dollars - Buy a home, take my mom on a world tour, go home to visit, buy my mom a car, buy yarn/fiber/the wheel I really want.

5 places to runaway to - Hawaii, Italy, Brazil, Puerto Rico, England

5 favorite TV shows - CSI (vegas), Law & Order SVU, Family Plots, Six Feet Under (sniff, sniff), Barefoot Contessa

I'm not going to tag anyone because it seems everyone has already done this one. However, if you haven't been tagged and would like to do it, go ahead! Just let me know so I can check out what you've done!

Don't forget my contest from the last entry. Contest ends in 12 hours!

2 Comments:

Blogger Noey D. said...

Very cool! It's so interesting to find out all this stuff! You've lead a very exciting life!

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exciting life, do you still weld? My BIL is a welder and I wanted him to teach me, but then he retired from welding and now is learning to be an accountant.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home