Wednesday, August 31, 2005

What day is it?

I. am. so. tired.

You know, being off work for 2 months, it's easy to get lazy. Sleep late, goof off all day. Then WHAM!!! You get a J.O.B. and you have to do silly things... like wake up at 4:45 to be there by 7:30...when you can't fall asleep before 12 a.m.

Then you think... wow another week or so and I'll be used to this. Of course, that is when fate steps in and says:

HA!!!

And you get put on a compressed work week schedule. That would be M-Th 9 hours, Friday 8 hours...with every other Friday off. Starting tomorrow!

That means I must wake up at...oh...the butt crack of dawn. Oh wait... I'm sorry, it's even earlier than that... 4 fetching 15... in the morning people!!!!

Ok, so I do get every other Friday off. So that's a bonus. Plus with the holiday next week, I'll have 3-four day weeks in a row. Yeah, another bonus. And, my RDO week falls on all the holiday weeks this year (day after T-giving, Friday before Christmas etc) I'll admit, that's a bonus too.

::::sobbing:::

I'm just not a morning person.
not at all.
not.
in.
the.
least.

The dog cowers in fear. The cats scatter. There is mayhem. There is blood shed - ok so that was from closing my toe in the door - but blood was spilled!! (I'd post pictures, but that falls under the whole fear of feet thing)

I do enjoy the job so far. There will be a lot to learn. They say it will take a year just to get the basics down (projects run in year cycles). I'll be entertained, busy and never bored. I only have to wait another 3 weeks to be able to use a computer. And I'll eventually be able to fall asleep early and get a good night's sleep.

Prizes should be mailed out Friday or Saturday... or when ever I wake up from my coma.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waking up almost 3 hours before you have to be at work!! How long is your commute?

I can sympathize with how you feel. Mornings are not my favourite time either. All 3 of my kids are the same way. In the summer time I think they all sleep in just so we avoid each other until we're somewhat civilized. (sometime around noon)

Hope you like your new job and that the early wake up becomes tolerable.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Noey D. said...

I know what you mean! I just started back to work today, had to get up at 6:00 to be there by 8:00. The worst part was waking Noey to throw her in the car!! Good luck.....it will get better!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home