Friday, September 02, 2005

I'm not uncaring or coldhearted

There are certain things that I will not talk about on the blog. While I feel for the people in the path of destruction and am praying for them, I will not get into any discussions about Katrina.

There are so many points of view that can be inflammatory to any number of people and I know I have personally been incensed about some posts on blogs. I don't want to be one of those blogs. (wow, it is hard to write a non-attacking post when you're riled up)

I also want a space that is disaster free.... for myself and for others that may need a break. It's on the t.v., web, co-workers and families are talking about it all the time. My mom has Fox news on ALL day.

I know I became overwhelmed when 9/11 happened. I had friends that worked at the towers and immersed myself in reports, phone calls, emails and worries. This time, I'm setting some boundaries....and this blog is one.

So, yes I care, but I need this space.

:::: back to your regularly scheduled posting :::

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Hi, I agree with keeping your a safe haven from political issues. I like your blog just as it is and enjoy the crafts you post on it. I want to keep my blog just for my crafts and hobbies. Right now, it is a crochet blog but am getting ready to change it so that it includes all my interests as I don't always crochet. lol

Keep up the good work.
Kelly

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home