Sunday, September 11, 2005

SP6 Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I don't particularly like most Red Heart, but I do use Lion Brand. I'm not usually one for funfur or it's derivatives. Homespun, microspun, wool ease, etc... the more basic yarns.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I spin and crochet. Well, I haven't done much crochet since I learned how to knit. My poor, poor afghan that I started last year and forgot about because of evil knitting.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) Nope.

4. How long have you been knitting? Almost a year now.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, they are on my side bar --> And I'll send a knitpicks one when I get your email!

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Bath products: citrus - orange, lime, honey, ocean scents. For candles: again with the citrus, ocean, cottony/linen, and I'm not sure what they fall under, but scents like Midsummer's Night and Home Sweet Home from Yankee Candles... I guess they might be described as spicy?

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Am I breathing? Yes, I do.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Cross stitch, embroidery, quilting, sewing.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I'm kind of schizophrenic with my music. I have everything from rap to classical, country to r&b, easy listening to top 40. I've been on a country kick the past couple of months, and yes, my computer plays mp3's.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I love the oranges/reds/yellows/browns of autumn and beachy colors like mixed blues/greens/whites. I don't have a color that I really hate. I've even begun to swing over to liking pinks.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Just my mom and I and 1 adorable 8 year old German Shepard and 3 wild cats.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) Run away to Tonga and live under a magical yarn tree. Win the lottery and open a yarn shop? Be a size 6 - oh heck, I'd be happy with a 10. Honestly, go back to school full time and either become a Legal Aid attorney or get a degree in forensics.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I love knitpicks Alpaca cloud and Shimmer. Wool... any wool that felts!

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Boucle (did I spell that right?)

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Felted purses.... well ok, felted anything! Although I don't have a washer and the laundromat won't let me felt there, so I do it by hand. I've also begun to investigate fair isle and other color work. I haven't done anything yet, but I want to.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Shawls, purses, scarves, one sock out of a pair - because I really hate the second sock.

17. What are you knitting right now? 2 second socks, 1 first sock, branching out, airy scarf from LMKG, a purse and I'm contemplating Eris (have the pattern, haven't picked the yarn - ambitious for a first sweater huh?)

18. What do you think about ponchos? I'm sure they are fine for some people, however I don't like them. I have flashbacks to growing up in the 70's and being forced to wear brown and green corduroy and ugly ponchos my grandmother made for me. I've made one for my step-mother.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circulars. I have a set of Denise's and some bamboo ones. I don't have any smaller than a 5.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? As long as they aren't Boye's, I'll use any type. I like the Susan Bates cheap ones, love my bamboo and plastic DPNS.

21. Are you a sock knitter? YES! As long as you remember it is singular. I don't like to knit pairs. :) I guess if I ever learned how to do the magic loop or 2 socks on a circ, I'd actually finish them.

22. How did you learn to knit? Taught myself.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? 7 months, my first second sock.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Eeyore

25. What is your favorite holiday? I like autumn and everything it encompasses - Halloween, Thanksgiving, leaves, pumpkins, ghosts, pumpkins, sunflowers, did I mention pumpkins?

26. Is there anything that you collect? Besides yarn? Not really. I have some chicken things I've collected for the dining room/kitchen... I love roosters! I love me some monkey too! I have monkey pants and a monkey bag ... I even swiped a monkey I bought to give as a RAOK and kept it. I don't have a shelves full of tchotchkes though.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Simply Knitting and Interweave Knits.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Cat Bohrdi's Treasury of Magical Knitting... vol 1 and 2.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another? Elizabeth I - scarf patterns from Knitpicks, the felted birdhouses and alpacas from Fibertrends (oh and have you seen the flamingos?), FBS, Lace Leaf, Seaside, and Baltic Sea Stole also from Fibertrends.

I'm not a pattern/magazine snob either... I love hand-me-downs! If you've used it and it's wrinkled, marked, or coffee stained - as long as the pattern is readable... I don't mind! I mean really, have you ever tried to get your hands on some back issues of magazines or oop patterns? The only way is hand-me- downs or finding a great deal on ebay.

1 Comments:

Blogger superstahr said...

Hi Stacey!

Stacey here *smile* I couldn't find your email addy so I'm posting in your comments. I would love you to death if you could spare a skien of the cotton ease. I really think I need just one more. That is soooo good of you. And you don't have to thank me for posting about the Weaver's Cottage, I LOVE that place!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home