Sunday, January 08, 2006

If you're not my SP... keep on going.. boring post!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I'm open to pretty much everything except red heart. Although... it is often less expensive to go with Elann or Knitpicks and get good yarn.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? Oh yeah... I spin. I also know how to crochet, but I prefer knitting.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Something I quick whipped up. The fabric is a little to heavy, but it does the job.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? About a year. I think I may be an advanced beginner. I just started my first sweater and I'm playing around with intarsia for the first time.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, I have Amazon and Froogle lists. I also have a knitpicks, but I'll have to send that to you!

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)I'm citrus-y for my bath stuff. Mandarin Mango, lemon-y, limey. For candles (using Yankee candle just as an example of scents)Home Sweet Home, Apple, Midsummer's Night, Clean Cotton. I also love Pier 1 Oceans scent.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I don't really have a sweet tooth, but I've never met a chocolate I didn't like.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Cross stitch, paint with watercolors, handpaint needlepoint canvas, polymer clay, beading.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) My computer can play mp3's and I'm very eclectic when it comes to music... anything goes!

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I love fall colors and ocean colors. While I like greens (sages, blue-greens, etc) ...I can't stand green-green.. like rainbow green, St. Patricks green.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? My mom lives with me and I have 3 cats, 1 dog and 3 kittens ...until some find homes anyway.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves and mittens daily (yes, 60 is cold) - hats sometimes on the weekends and never ponchos (flashback to the 70's)

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I really enjoyed Noro and Manos. Anything wool that will felt! I love to spin alpaca but despite all of the alpaca blend yarns I have (all lace weight) I haven't knit much with it. I think because it is lace weight.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Just the redheart supersaver or pounders. It just doesn't feel nice. I also have arguments with ladder yarns.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? felting

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? purses... I get the most use out of them. Gifts for others

17. What are you knitting right now? Banff , Frill , a purse from Bags: A Knitters Dozen (actually the one on the cover in different colors) .
I want to start the entrelac wrap from Scarf Style but I don't have a yarn picked out yet. I also want to do the market square bag - I just haven't bought the yarn.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Love my Denise set!! Prefer circs

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? See above... but if it's not denise, I like bamboo.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Sadly, no.

22. How did you learn to knit? Taught myself Christmas 2004

23. How old is your oldest UFO? A year! LOL

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Character - eeyore. Animals - sheep, roosters, black and white pigs

25. What is your favorite holiday? My birthday... just kidding. Actually, it's Memorial Day - the start of summer! YEAH!

26. Is there anything that you collect? Besides yarn? Not really.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Creative Knitting, Interweave Knits.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Elizabeth I, Artyarns, Cat, and a girl can always use more NORO!!

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Socks on two circs. Maybe I could actually finish a pair.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Sock being the operative word. One sock at a time. Never a pair. 9 in long

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) April 12

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hello from your Secret Pal! I have a few ideas for you ;)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Thanks for posting the questionnaire... and happy spoiling! Erin (Your SP7 hostess)

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home