Monday, January 02, 2006

Yes I did

I know, I know, not the best of pictures, but I did spin a little yesterday. I finished off a bobbin of that merino I dyed myself. This was taken in my laundry room since it is still drying. I got a little wild at the end and began spinning madly so I ended up with a few slubs. Oh well, I know I was rushing. I tried to make it a little thicker, more noro-ish. We'll see when I knit it up!

A still life of my coffee table. Yes, I did start a sweater yesterday. I didn't have bulky yarn, so I doubled the yarn and cast on for baniff. I was over-analyzing patterns a little too much and thinking "I can't do this" and then I saw someone's post where she was told by someone at her S&B that "Honey, it's only yarn". (if anyone knows where it is, please let me know and I'll link it) So yeah... what's the worst that can happen? Next to my sweater ( I looove saying that!) is the neverending cross stitch project. It's all done except for the backstitching. I worked on it a little and have half the basket to backstitch and do the "special stitch" stems. (sorry don't remember the name of the stitch).


I think I figured out the comment problem. Although I changed my email on this blog, I never changed it on my main blogger profile. (DUH) So, hopefully I'll be receiving comments soon.

Dinner was fabulous ( I love sauerkraut - don't ask, I don't understand either) and I had enough potatoes left to make some perogi filling. Yeah, I'm too lazy to make the whole perogi. A nice little tradition in my family was to save any leftover perogi filling (from the Christmas Eve Perogi Fest) have it Christmas morning. Little potato cakes- YUM!! Imagine (your arteries screaming NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!!!!!) potato, cheddar cheese and fried onion formed into little patties and fried... in... butter!! Yummy breakfast, although now I don't want to move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home