Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year



Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go.
~ Brooks Atkins

Hope everyone and their loved ones made it through New Year's without incident and without too much of a hangover!

I'm off to start a couple of new projects... one knitting, one cross stitch and get in some spinning and embroidery. Yeah... I have to listen to those old wives tales where either a) you need to start something new or b) what you're doing on New Years is what you'll be doing all year. Of course, pork and sauerkraut is on the menu ... along with knedliki ( I never know how to spell that) I don't have a "real recipie" since I learned it with my grandmother who always did "a pinch of this and a pinch of that" ... "just keep going til it feels right" kind of cooking.

Boil about 5 potatoes
Save the water.
Mash the potatoes
Take about 1 1/2 cups of farina (cream of wheat cereal... you shouldn't use the instant) and mix with mashed potatoes and an egg
Add the potato water and more farina if needed
Mix it all together until it gets to where you can form little dough balls that stay together
Boil the knedliki
Toss in with your pork and sauerkraut and let it soak up the flavor.


Since there is no phone service because of the storms and since I'll be busy today, I'm hoping I have a quiet and productive 2006 and I hope you all do too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home