Monday, January 16, 2006

Last relaxing weekend.

Since school starts tomorrow, I figured this was my last relaxing weekend for a while. I was busy, busy, busy!

First up, Friday the 13th sunset. There are some great things about living in the desert! The sunrises and sunsets are beautiful. Let's not forget the moon either. I want to get a better camera so I can take better night time pictures.

Up next, the purse I'm working on. I've included the book so you can see what it is going to look like. The colors are maple syrup and pumpkin from Knitpicks Wool of the Andes. I'm going to expand upon the swirls and do some type of design with cranberry.

There has been spinning too!! I finished up the merino that I dyed last summer. Not the best, but I was trying to go with Noro-ish thickness.

I even did a little dying. This is 440 yards of Knitpicks merino dye your own. Lemon lime and berry blue koolaid. Any ideas what to do with this?

2 skeins (for a total of 440 yds) of the worsted weight dye your own. I started out with grape, berry blue and black cherry, but it looked HORRIBLE! So, the next day I stuck it on the stove with 2 packs of tropical punch, two packs of cherry and 4 packs of strawberry. I wanted it saturated with red. Now it kind of looks like your hands after you pick (and eat) wild blackberries. Kind of dark purple with deep purply red. 440 yards - and again, no idea what to do with it! HELP!!!

Oh! Hi there SP! For some reason I'm not getting all of my comments in my email. I see you commented last week and just wanted to let you know I wasn't ignoring you! I'm going to have to remember to come and check my comments.

Hope everyone has a great week!

4 Comments:

Blogger StarKnits said...

wow you dyed those yarns really nice. the green and blue is so pretty. i'd say make some ankle socks for summer out that! and the reddish purple may make a wonderful felted bag.. maybe a sophie. but i'm not sure on the actual yardage of yarn needed for that. or sell them on etsy. if those don't sound good you could always RAOK them to some fellow RAOKers...
i hope that helps.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those handyed yarns are lovely! I say socks, I say shawls :). I am a fellow Raoker, hehehe :). I love them both!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Noey D. said...

Your pictures are beautiful!! Love your yarn too. I'm still working up the courage to try kool aid dying!

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE those colors! It inspires me to dye my own yarn ;) I've written you a snail-mail, but I need to get some 2cent stamps! I will mail it soon, I promise!
- Your Secret Pal

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home