Tuesday, January 10, 2006

WIP's and a GREAT DAY!!

Banff progress, with momma kitty looking on.


Frills progress...I know, not much.







A cross stitch project in progress. See what it will look like eventually. Do you think I can finish it by Jan 24? My mom was looking through my cross stitch magazines and fell in love with this because it was her grandmother's favorite hymn. I thought "Hey... what a great birthday present for my mom!" I think I bit off more than I can chew.

I work for a wonderful company. The owner of the company came out from headquarters (in VA) for his yearly visit. He has an award ceremony and meets with everyone individually to see how things are going and what their career goals are. During my chat with him, I told him that yes, I did want to go back and finish up my degree, but had to un-register this semester because I didn't have the money for the books I needed. (umm can you say the academic book publishers have quite a racket - $220 for two lousy books - my tuition was only 150). The man whipped out his wallet and gave me the money. Of course, when I get the reimbursement from the company when I pass the classes, I have to pay him back, but STILL. I'm writing him a personal thank you note. I almost burst into tears right there. I never expected it.


And I leave you with this. The house that is two houses down from me. On fire. This morning. There is almost nothing left - just a corner. I'll take another picture tomorrow. The fire investigators asked for copies and asked some questions about the guys (who don't live in the neighborhood) who asked me to call 911. I'm thinking they think it's shady.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nyxxie said...

WOW way to go for your boss!!! That is sad about the house down the road! Sorry to hear that.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Ewetoo said...

What a SUPER GREAT BOSS!!!!! I would have cried too! The crosstitch looks very detailed and hard to complete by 1/24, how about easter or mother's day?? You must have been worried about your house being so close.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's wonderful to have caring bosses, no? So glad you'll be taking your class. Good luck with that. Sad about the house down the street, I hope whoever lived there is ok and they have a place to stay.

I'm going to send you finishing vibes for your cross-stitch.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home