Saturday, March 11, 2006

E is for...

E is for evolution!

First up, the evolution of Western Civilization. Currently I'm up to Roman Civilization. The class is relatively easy. Could it be all the Latin I endured? The professor has no people skills. (Can you tell I'm studying for the mid-term and have nothing else to wow you with?)

Next up the evolution of the recognition, diagnosis and treatment of personality disorders. Mid-term is done with! Yes, I am working on my final paper already. I love personality disorders. They are so fascinating. This professor is wonderful and so is her student assistant.






Ahhhh.... now we're talking! The evolution of Lady Eleanor. I completed a skein last weekend and between studying, working and sleeping, I have another half skein done. Noro Silk Garden is interesting. I love the color variations. It has the roughness and VM you find in the kureyon, but you definitely can feel the softness of the mohair and silk. After a few hours of knitting, it started to feel a little like twine...lots of lotion helped.

There was a comment /question about the Malabrigo and what it was. It is the finest, softest, handspun, 100% Merino wool that I have ever felt. It feels like a rose petal brushing against your cheek. It is hard to describe the softness. It's even softer than my beloved Alpaca. This is one of the reasons that I love knitting (and spinning) ...the tactile sensations. I've used Merino before... and yes, it is softer than regular wool, but the variations in texture with different brands keep me enthralled.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Nope! I'm not working on a sweater-but something very similar to Lady E.
Thanks for playing,

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home