Monday, November 06, 2006

Good News, Bad News

Everyone wants to hear the bad news first. It's not really bad news, just disappointing.

I was approved for 6 PT visits, so I'm thinking by Thanksgiving I'd be driving and back to work shortly thereafter. My hopes have been crushed. These first 6-8 visits will be just for getting my arm moving. Just movement - no strengthening, no function. Just movement.

Because I was a good girl and did my PT homework, I went from only being able to open my arm 90 degrees to extending it to 45!! Big improvement. I can actually pull my shirt hem down to straighten it, put my hand in my pocket and get dressed by myself. (except for socks - still working on that one)

Apparently, knitting will be good therapy for hand and arm function. Just not yet :( He told me to chill, relax, take time, do it slowly and do it right.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cyndilou :) said...

Yay!! Socks are hard regardless of the injury -- I was so happy the day I realized I could finally reach my feet again. :D Here's to lots more healing for you!

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great news--you can actually feed yourself with that hand now :). Slowly but surely the arm will be back to its 100% :)

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home