Monday, November 06, 2006

Good News, Bad News

Everyone wants to hear the bad news first. It's not really bad news, just disappointing.

I was approved for 6 PT visits, so I'm thinking by Thanksgiving I'd be driving and back to work shortly thereafter. My hopes have been crushed. These first 6-8 visits will be just for getting my arm moving. Just movement - no strengthening, no function. Just movement.

Because I was a good girl and did my PT homework, I went from only being able to open my arm 90 degrees to extending it to 45!! Big improvement. I can actually pull my shirt hem down to straighten it, put my hand in my pocket and get dressed by myself. (except for socks - still working on that one)

Apparently, knitting will be good therapy for hand and arm function. Just not yet :( He told me to chill, relax, take time, do it slowly and do it right.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cyndilou :) said...

Yay!! Socks are hard regardless of the injury -- I was so happy the day I realized I could finally reach my feet again. :D Here's to lots more healing for you!

4:25 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Doing it righ and taking things slowly will insure you heal properly. You've made great progress and that is very good news. Some times we slow down only when forced to do so. It's your time to take life more slowly and put all your energy into healing.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Isela: Purling Sprite said...

Those are great news--you can actually feed yourself with that hand now :). Slowly but surely the arm will be back to its 100% :)

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home