Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Postman Cometh

First up, a great lavender Irish wool from Jean. Two pounds of pure wool love. I couldn't get a good picture of the flecks - purples,reds and blues.


Now on to the roving from Spunky Eclectic. Can you say YUMMY!?! Top to Bottom: BFL in Walking on the Sun, Wool in Claret, Romney in Kites and Merino in Autumn. 4 oz of each. Going the speed I'm going now, this gives me enough roving for the rest of my lifetime.

On a related side note, I want to get Spin To Knit by Shannon Okey. I've read quite a few of her blogland interviews and she has mentioned her traumatic elbow injury. Spinning and the beautiful work she's done after that has earned my respect. I've also heard nothing but good things about the book.

How about a Sunday morning sunrise?




Can anyone recommend a better digital camera then the one I have (vivitar vivicam4100) - I see all of the great things and they don't make it into the camera. Believe me, the desert sunrise is WAY more beautiful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marvie said...

Those fibers are gorgeous!

As to camera recommendations, my husband bought me a new one earlier this year and I adore it. It's the Fuji Finepix S5100. It's got about a billion settings that I haven't learned yet, but the ones I have figured out are way fun =) It takes some wonderful pictures, in spite of my lack of photography skills ;)

2:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ooh... that yarn and roving looks beautiful... have fun with it!!
I have a pretty good digital camera- Canon Elph SD400- but I still have problems getting the pics I want, too. Maybe I just don't know how to use it?

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home