Monday, November 27, 2006

Stash Enhancement

As promised, my stash enhancement - sorry for the blurry pics...it's dark and stormy today.

From The Loopy Ewe, Schaefer Anne and the goodies that were sent with it - a cute set of needle inventory cards and samples of Regia Bamboo and Regia Silk. This picture does not show the great colors! Imagine different caramel and chocolate colors. Looks good enough to eat!
First, I want to say that I am completely satisfied with the service. It was shipped quickly and email updates were sent often. Second, she sent samples...I don't have a LYS, so this was great. I considered both yarns, but I always double and triple think all purchases because I can't touch them. I will definitely purchase the bamboo and possibly the silk (if I can find a pattern that goes with such a great yarn). Please support this great online shop**!

Next up, some great looms and yarn. The looms are from Isela's (and her hubby's) loom company. ** They are wonderful! I can use worsted weight yarn with them! No more knifty knitter! I thought wood looms would be really heavy, but these are just perfect.
Do you see the tiny one in the middle? It makes tiny sweaters and stockings. I had planned to make all of my co-workers sweaters from LMKG as part of their presents. I also wanted to make a few for my tree. With the whole arm thing, that wasn't going to happen. Now it can! Thanks Isela and Sam for making that loom and helping me with my Christmas plans.

Also in the picture is two more pounds of wool from Jean. (she has more and in different colors!) It's the same that I ordered before, but I found this pattern in the latest IK :
I needed to get enough to make the sweater. (STOP SNICKERING!!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it)

** I am in no way affiliated with either shop or shop owner. I am just a very satisfied customer and a big fan of Isela!

Updated Measurements:
Extension - 22 degrees (old 24)
Hand - 45 degrees (old 37)
Bending - 106 degrees

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

There are so many things fromthe latest IK that I want to knit... I think I'm going to have to wait until after the holidays to start on anything, though.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, the elusive looms :). The arm is almost there...yay!! If anything you can always use the looms to play toss rings, hahahaha :)

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home