Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Simple Brilliance

Sometimes it's the little things. Those little "why didn't I think of that" moments. Sometimes the brilliance of others comes and smacks you when you least expect it.

Margene had a post the other day showing her spinning in progress. About half way through the post, there it is! She predrafts her fiber, makes little bumps and puts them in a container! I've been struggling because I used to wrap a chunk'o fiber around my wrist and draft from there. So I've been pre-drafting and wrapping the fiber around a stick. I can't tell you how many times that stick hit the floor. Rolling the fiber into manageable bumps. Simple! Brilliant!

Rabbitch had another one. Towards the end of this post, she shows an orifice hook that she made. In case you haven't noticed, I'm having a little problem with my right hand. I can pick up my tiny hook, but when I go to move my hand, I lose my ability to grip it. How about a hook with a bigger handle that I can grab and hold. Simple! Brilliant!

A little known fact about me is that I used to paint needlepoint canvases. I hit a wall. I had no more. The well was dry. I also used to bead and make things with fimo. This time off from "doing" has allowed me to think, refresh and renew. The ideas have started to flow. I've started a journal of ideas and rough, (very rough) left handed sketches. Let's see where this all goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home